Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. �
- There are two kinds of pedestrians: the quick and the dead. �
- Life is sexually transmitted. �
- Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die. �
- The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.�
- Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.. �
- Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to? �
- Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again. �
- All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. �
- In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal. �
- How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? �
- Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'll squeeze these dangly things and drink whatever comes out?'�
- If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him? �
- Why does your OB-GYN leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?�
- Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle? �
- If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from? �
- Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup? �
- Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster? �
- If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?�
- Do you ever wonder why you bother to read my blog?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Notice the pallets are double stacked.
Can you see the little man with the red shirt standing in the corner?
Apparently neither can Congress.
ONE TRILLION DOLLARS is a whole lotta money.
Money that our country doesn't have.
Lets hope and pray together that good comes from this. That our nation can heal and rebuild itself. That one day we can pay off our debts and truly be free.
In the mean time, lets at least be realistic and honest with ourselves and each other.
We need each other, and we need God more now than we ever have.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Several things have been causing me stress over the last few weeks.
(Many of you have offered prayers for our family, and I want to tell you they have been felt and answered. Our family has made more positive progress over the last few weeks than I thought was possible. It is always a work in progress, but for those of you who asked, please know that things are going well and we appreciate your prayers.)
There was one night that I was feeling an exceptional amount of stress. I went to my bedroom, pushed the power button on my TV, and when it failed to turn on, every emotional bulwark I had in place crumbled, fracturing the spine of the metaphoric hump backed mammal, and ultimately, (sparing the messier details), leaving me in a teary mess on the bathroom floor.
The next morning I googled TV repair in Virginia Beach and found the name of Joe Searles.
I called Joe Searles TV Repair and set up an appointment for him to come out to the house and check out the problem.
He showed up right on time, and although we wasn't able to fix the problem here, he was friendly, professional, and polite, and even helped us load the TV into our van to take it to his shop.
After working on my poor TV in his shop Joe found that 2 circuits on the circuit board were not providing the power needed to turn the set on. And instead of replacing the entire circuit board at a cost of several hundred dollars, Joe simply replaced the 2 faulty circuits.
When I picked it up, he and his associate loaded it into my car for me.
Joe was up front about all of his fees and surprised me by not sneaking any extra fees in, the way any car repair shop might have.
In the end, the total repair costs were much less than I had feared, and only a fraction of what it would have cost to replace my whole TV.
So if you happen live in or around Virginia Beach and find yourself needing any TV repairs, (or an Elvis impersonator - Joe is multi-talented), give Joe a call.
Joe Searles TV Repair
459 Lynnhaven Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
I couldn't have been more pleased with his service.
(And he's not even paying me for this post).