Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Poem About Cleaning, (and Why I Suck At It)

I don't know who wrote this, I got it in an e-mail from (can you guess?) my Grandpa.
.
Cleaning Poem
I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick....
I was just admiring my work...
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site.
That I got SO way into.
I was into it all night.
/sigh
Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess....
While I sit here on my hiney.

I liked the poem, but the picture seemed especially appropriate for me.

Love you all!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have that picture too...it is on of my favorites!!!

Love ya,

Marlene

Victoria said...

It's PERFECT, Della. You rock.

Stefany said...

HAHAHA VERY funny. I love it!

Tracy said...

I was blogging really late last night and I posted a link to your cleaning post, but I forgot to come back and say "LOL"! Or maybe I did say it somewhere else. Sorry. Can't remember. It was REALLY late. :)

This post totally hit home for me. LOL!

ally said...

this is too cute, all my friends live in my computer too :)

Hollys Hobbies said...

LOL!! I know just who could use this...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I was offline for almost a week and completely missed wishing you well-I sorry.. Wasn't that cute? That I said " I sorry" instead of "I'm sorry", do you forgive me? =)

Christie said...

I. Can. So. Relate. Blogging is my favorite hobby. (Found you through Tracy.) Thanks for a great post.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, this poem is just a little bit too true! So funny. And I love the pic!