My brother Mike did a cool thing over on our family blog, that I decided to replicate.
This is my Music Challenge.
Here is the deal, I put my Iphone on shuffle and wrote down the first lines of the first 25 songs that came on.
You guess the title and artist of the song.
I will update the list when the correct answers are guessed with the answers and the name of who guessed them.
Only the first person to guess the correct answer will get credit.
One point will be given for the title of the song, and one for the artist. Whoever gets the most points will win (ta da) a $10 Walmart Gift Card!
Good luck! Here are the first lines:
- Well, I'm ever upper class high society, God's gift to ballroom notoriety. (Big Balls, by ACDC, 2 pts to Drew)
- Bark bark bark, bark bark bark, bark bark bark bark bark. (Jingle Bells, by the Barking Dogs, 2 pts to Drew)
- You took your coat off, stood in the rain. You're always crazy like that. (Pieces of you, by Jewel, 2 pts to Carrie)
- Thought it didn't matter if we didn't stay together, and if it was over, maybe it was for the better. (I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love, by Chicago, 2 pts to Carrie)
- Up and down the puppy's hair fleas and ticks jump every where. (What would you say, by Dave Matthews Band, 2 pts to Lydia)
- Pack it up, pack it in, Let me begin, I came to win, battle me, that's a sin. I won't tear the sack up, punk ya better back up, try and play around, yo the whole crew will act up. (Jump Around, by House of Pain, 2 pts to Melissa)
- This old world, well don't it make you wanna think damn. (Damn, by Matchbox 20, 2 pts to Lydia)
- You're feelin' pretty blue. You didn't do what God requested, oh. (Second Chances, by veggietales, 2 pts to Lydia)
- Trying hard now. It's so hard now. Trying hard now. (Gonna fly now, by Bill Conti, -Rocky Theme song- 2 pts to Lydia)
- Do not fight, do not cheat, wash your hands before you eat. (A Message From the Lord, 1 Pt to Carrie, by Veggietales, 1 pt to Stef, aka the Family)
- Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day. (Time, by Pink Floyd, 2 pts to Mike)
- Our curtain opens as Larry, having just finished his morning bath, is searching for... (The Hairbrush Song, by Veggietales, 2 pts to Drew)
- I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time. (I Walk the Line, by Johnny Cash, 2 pts to Mike)
- Hey neighbor, let me give you some advice, the russians are about to pulverize us in our sleep tonight. (Nothing to Fear, by Oingo Boingo, 2 pts to Mike)
- The place is England. The year is 787. (AD?) (The Introduction to Monty Python's Final Rip Off, by Monty Python, 2 pts to Carrie)
- I'm closing all the curtains, so don't you even bother. And they're callin' out murder, but I'm underneath the covers. (Underneath the Covers, or Platinum Blonde Life by No Doubt, 2 pts to Lydia)
- Adia, I do believe I've failed you. (Adia, by Sarah McLachlan, 2pts to Drew)
- Must be your skin, I'm sinkin' in. Must be for real, 'cause now I can feel. (Glycerine by Bush, 2 pts to Lydia)
- Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds? Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition? Do you a big intellectual capacity, but know that it alone does not equate wisdom? (21 Things, by Alanis Morrisette, 2 pts to Lydia)
- One time a thing occurred to me, what's real and what's for sale (Vasoline, by Stone Temple Pilots, 2 pts to Lydia)
- It's the perfect time of year. Somewhere far away from here. (Pinch Me, by the Barenaked Ladies, 2 pts to Carrie)
- We're in a road movie to Berlin, can't drive out the way we drove in. (Road to Berlin, by They Might Be Giants, 2 pts to Carrie)
- It's coming down, it's coming down. It's raining outside, you've nowhere to hide. (It's Coming Down, by Cake, 2 pts to Carrie)
- Well you know that it's going to be alright. I think it's gonna be alright. Everything will always be alright... (Shopping, by the Barenaked Ladies, 2 pts to Carrie)
- His eyes are cold and restless. His wounds are almost healed. (Rodeo, by Garth Brooks, 2 pts to Drew)
Leave your answers in the comments. I wish you all good luck.
Drew- 10 pts
Stef- 1 pt
Carrie- 15 pts
Mike- 6 pts
Melissa- 2 pts
Lydia- 16 pts
So the prize goes to Lydia, who I am guessing accessed her google search engine to find the answers. Nevertheless, she was ahead by one point.
Good job everyone, and if you would like a complilation disk so you can listen to the cool music that I do, let me know.
Thanks for playing.