Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Diving Pics!!

One of our dive instructors, Dave, brought his underwater cam with us on our dives.
He took some pics and e-mailed them to us today.
I am easy to pick out because I am the one with the bright yellow fins, mask and snorkel. These pics also let you see a few of the fun things there are to explore at Lake Rawlings SCUBA park. This is the 3 of us who were getting certified. I'm on the left, Chris in the middle and JW on the right. We are kneeling on the sunken plane that you see in the pic below. It was about 50 feet down. In this pic we are kneeling on one of the 2 sunken school busses. Umm, I think this is JW. Not too sure though. Me on the left with the yellow snorkel and mask. Here I am doing a controlled ascent on a buoy line. I think that's Chris waiting for me to get far enough up that I wouldn't kick him with my fins. By now can you guess which one is me? That is probably Chris on the right. This is me performing a mask clear. This is one of the skills required for certification. You have to let your mask fill with water, then clear it by fitting it to your face again and exhaling through your nose. This actually clears all the water out and you can open your eyes again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool...I would have been terrified. I am so proud of you...what a great accomplishment.

So when are you going to the Carribean?

Lydia said...

That looks like so much fun.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

i've always wanted to do that but I have to wait for them to manufacture enough neoprene to build a suit for me.

Chuck and Nancy said...

I just picked up a Dry Suit. With insulated underwear you can go play in with the Ice water.
Congrats.
DAD