Monday, August 25, 2008

Look at me go!

6 days to go till my half marathon.
Part of my training regimen has been running one long run each week, with 2 or 3 short runs during the week.
By the last week before the marathon, (this week) I have worked up to a 10 mile run.
I went with some friends and ran 11 miles this morning.
That is the farthest I have ever run.
It felt great.
Well, not entirely during the run, especially not near the end, but once it was over I felt amazing.
Since I was with friends I only stopped to walk twice in the whole run instead of at every mile like I usually do.
Since I run with Nike+ I can keep track of all my runs and walks, and even figured out how to post my Nike+ info right here!
So check out my newest blog feature, my Nike+ tag over on the right, so you can keep track of my miles too.
Happy running.

5 comments:

Carrie and Karl said...

Good job! Too bad you can't run that far in Utah... ha ha ha. Make sure to load up on carbs the night before your run so you don't hit the wall (I think glasses might help with that one too...)
I'm proud of you Della!

Chuck and Nancy said...

Wow! Just one week left. Keep it up ! Love, Mom

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Della, Carbs might be good for you, During the first week of football practice Jims coach told the boys to go home and drink a cup of pickle juice to help with any cramping (I think it has to do with the vinegar). I am proud of you and how hard you are working.
Lillie

Chuck and Nancy said...

Good luck on the run. Running with friends will help.
I like both gator aid and vinegar (not necessarily at the same time) for the maintenance and restorative powers. I prefer apple cider vinegar.
DAD

Della Hill said...

Thanks everyone.
I appreciate the support.
I'll be sure to carbo load on Saturday and drink some organic apple cider vinegar (with mother).
I am excited.
-Della