Sunday, October 26, 2008

God's True Church, and Stronger Families, Sunday Post

I didn't know what today's Sunday post should be until I read a quote in Relief Society today.
Our lesson was based on the talk "The True and Living Church" given by Henry B. Eyring in this years April Conference.
He gave this talk in the same conference session that our new President Thomas S. Monson was sustained in the solemn assembly as Prophet, Seer and Revelator to lead over the church in this dispensation.
President Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ,
spoke about how the church has been brought "out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth."
He said "This is the true Church, the only true Church, because in it are the keys of the priesthood. Only in this Church has the Lord lodged the power to seal on earth and to seal in heaven as He did in the time of the Apostle Peter."
He went on to talk about many blessings that the church and its members have recieved and will contuinue to recieve through their faithfulness.
(Okay, this is the part that stood out to me).
He said:
"Families across the church are searching for ways to strengthen and protect their children against the evils around them. In some cases those parents are desperately trying to bring back some in their family who have wandered.
I am confident that there will be, increasingly, a reward given by God for their efforts.
Those who never give up will find that God never gave up and that He will help them."
I can't say specifically why that jumped at me over all of the other things in the talk. But I felt impressed to share it.
I know the things he said are true, and if you don't know that they are, I challenge you to pray and ask God if they are.
He will answer you with the truth.
If you would like more information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, click here.

2 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Love, patience, prayer, & putting a name on the Prayer Roll go a long ways.
DAD

Chuck and Nancy said...

P.S.
I think I look better in a bow tie. So when you see that picture please do a mental change so I am appropriately dressed.

DAD