Friday, October 3, 2008

Hooray for Fry Sauce!

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!
My brother Mike, home from Iraq for a few short weeks, remembered me and sent me 2 bottles of Some Dude's Fry Sauce, which is available only in Utah, (and possibly a few surrounding areas).
So, in case you haven't spent much time in Utah and you are asking "What the heck is fry sauce?", here is the answer straight from the back of the bottle:
"Well folks, fry sauce is a condiment that's made for french fries.
Legend has it that SOME DUDE from Utah mixed up a batch of this here sauce and the folks 'round there went crazy for it.
THEY started puttin' it on everything from french fries, of course, to hamburgers, chicken, fish and hot dogs.
Some use it as a veggie and chip dip, some have even been known to use it as shampoo (not recommended).
This DUDE noticed that in order to get this condiment of choice eve'body had to go to the hamburger stands.
'well, that's too darn inconvenient!' said the DUDE. So he threw some of that there fry sauce into a squeezy bottle and the rest is history."

When you are in Utah you can get fry sauce at any fast food restaurant, and many dine-in restaurants as well.

Here, where I live in Virginia, the only way to get fry sauce is to have someone send it to you.

Thanks, Mike.

It is fabulous.

-Della

5 comments:

Stefany said...

Ohhh we love that. We hadn't had it till a few years ago and we even smuggled some back home with us in our suit cases.
I am waiting on your creativity over at my blog =0)

ally said...

Oh, so since I now live in Virginia too, I think it is your brothers national duty to send me some as well. haha. glad you got some :) that stuff is GOOD :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, what time is dinner? I will bring the fries. That sounds yummy and fries are defintiely a preferred food of mine. Love this post and what a great brother!!! I will be praying for his safety. Please tell him Thank you for his service!...to our country and to fries everywhere!

Marlene from Country Girl on The Chesapeake Bay

Lillian Wilkinson said...

would you like to have a great recipe for an even better fry sauce (my own personal recipe, of course) all it will cost you is a phone call. -- Drew

You would then be able to post it to your blog, if you like it.

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I love fry sauce, I have not tried the store bought stuff Mike got you, Thomas makes it just the way I like it, I even have a special bottle that I keep it in in my fridge.
Lillie