Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Thing of Beauty

I pulled into the Wawa the other day to fill up my gas tank, (I only paid $2.22/gallon),
but I was stopped short by something I saw in the parking lot.
I was so in awe that I asked the owner for permission to photograph his beautiful motorcycle.
Then we continued to visit about his bike and our love of motorcycles for the next 20 minutes until I was almost late for an appointment.
His name was Robin Brown and he built this motorcycle himself.
He came up with the design and ordered the parts to be made or got them off the internet.
Notice that the wheel is not see through, but reflective chrome.
You can even see my reflection in the back of the bike.
This bike has been featured on television and has been in several bike shows.
Wow.
Sigh.
Heartache.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Okay - so it IS a cool looking motorcycle. I don't know much about bikes, but I can tell this is not the norm. But I just have to say - wouldn't you be worried about the chrome on the wheels getting all scratched up? I'd be scared to take it out of the garage.

On the other hand - with as much crap as I have in my garage, I'd be afraid to keep it in there, too.

Unknown said...

That is a really cool bike and I too fall over myself when I see a really cool rocket.

He did a great job but he should have taken you on a ride.

Marlene