Monday, April 28, 2008

CJ's Talk

CJ gave a talk in primary yesterday about following the prophet.
When he and I were planning his talk we found a poem in The Friend that he could read.
It was a good short poem about doing what the prophet said to do.
He wanted to just get up and read that and be done.
I told him he needed to plan something longer because the poem would not be long enough.
He said "What if I read it reeaalllly slooowww?"
He found a scripture too and read that. He did a good job.
I tried to get him to talk about last month when Thomas S. Monson stopped to talk to the Jazz players at a Utah Jazz game, (see Utah Jazz labels for further post on that), but he didn't want to look silly.
How am I ever going to teach him the important things in life?
-Della

2 comments:

Chet and Liz Hugo said...

My kids like to volunteer for a talk and then forget to tell me.--Liz

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I too have kids who like to give talks and with such a small primary my kids (who are a third or more of the primary) get their share. Carie likes to help the younger kids write talks as long as she does not have to give it.
Thanks Carie.