Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Need Blog Help!

CALLING ALL MY BLOGGIES!
.
I am teaching a Relief Society "How To" class next week on "How to Blog".
I feel pretty confident that I have a general idea of how to do this, but I also know that a lot of you out there have great tricks, ideas, tips and favorite gadgets and components that you like to use and see on other people's blogs.
I am asking for help and feedback.
Please leave me comments and tell me what you like and don't like about my blog, other blogs, your own blog.
What kind of blogs do you like to view?
What sites do you use for pics, layouts, videos and other blog components?
Any other ideas you could possibly share with me?
Even if you don't have a blog, but like to look at other peoples blogs, what things do you like?
Thank you in advance for your help.
I'll thank you again after too.
-Della

6 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

it is a bit scary to blog the first time. I was concerned about logging on to comment with all the bad stories out there about chat rooms and the wrong people getting my info from the net. I still don't usually travel very far from my favorite blogs (mostly family ones). It is a fun way to keep tabs on family and friends far away.

Stefany said...

HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND SITE METERS. Yo uknow where they live, how they find you, how long they stayed, what they clicked on and EVEN the type of monitor and their ISPN number. With kids...why risk it? Besides - its fun to stalk your stalkers.

Stefany said...

Do find my preferred site meter it is the tiny little box at the very bottom of my blog.

Chuck and Nancy said...

I am content with a rather plain blog. Ours is not accessible to everyone, you have to be invited. That helps some participants feel more confident. I think a blog is a wonderful way for a family to stay in touch even though they live far away from each other. I'd say, don't worry about the extras. Just do one.
Love, Mom

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I think I would also add, set a day once a week, daily, monthly etc. that you will update it. so that your readers aren't disappointed when they go, and it is still the same as last week or last month.

Steve said...

REgular updates are important, but a general theme needs to be established. Even if it is just "hey, look at this silly thing", you need to add your spin and thoughts on it, otherwise it's like getting spam emails. Also, you might want to talk about limiting putting TOO much info out there. You never know who will find it and those stalkers don't need to know where you live or where you will be at certain times of day.