Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you when?

Where were you on the morning of September 11th, 7 years ago?
I was at home, babysitting, running between the living room tv and the kitchen where I was making breakfast for the kids.
It may be silly, but when I watched the first and then the second tower fall the words that came to me were from a Star Wars movie, "I felt a great divergence in the force, as though a million voices all cried out and were silenced all at once". -Obiwan Kenobi.
We can not let this happen again.
This is why we still fight. And we need to keep fighting, until the fight is won, to preserve the safety of our nation, and people all over the world.

3 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

AMEN! Even though it is unpleasant. When I saw Shindlers List, I vowed I would do what I could to keep it from happening again. Even if it means sending my boys to do the battle - and I have, and they have. Mom

Della Hill said...

Thanks Mom.
It must be really hard to send your boys to fight.
Thank you for teaching us to honor and defend our country.
-Della

Carrie and Karl said...

I was in the MTC. We went to our morning class and our teachers told us what was going on, in sign language. It took awhile before I understood what was going on. I think the MTC was the best place to be. We didn't get to watch the footage, or the coverage that day at all. It was awesome when I finally left the MTC because there were USA flags ALL over the place. I'm so grateful for our freedom!