Sunday, March 23, 2008

Could it be?

Have you seen this "new" discovery of the ONLY photo ever taken of the Prophet Joseph Smith?
The Reorganized Church only recently uncovered it in their archives and asked our church to help authenticate it.
The church has stated that it is "Almost certainly authentic". All existing "photos" of the prophet are artist conceptions, most of which were taken from models made from the death mask after Joseph had died.
This photo is reportedly taken of him at the time of his incarceration in the Liberty Jail.

This is one of those things that I can't believe at first. This could easily be fabricated.

But...

There is something in his eyes that draws me. I think I can see the pain and weight he carried, but another light, that he knew so much more than we do and had hope for more.

I am tending to believe this. Whether this is Joseph Smith or not, I love this photo.

1 comment:

Stefany said...

Okay- I was blog hopping nad happened upon this post...Hmm, do you think? Very interesting... Where did you find it? Thanks for sharing.