Friday, March 21, 2008

Prince Caspian is coming!

When I was about 4 years old my brother had a set of books in a box set that had a picture of a lion on it. I was fascinated by this picture but my brother wouldn't tell me what the books were about.
As soon as I could read I read these books. They were the first chapter books I ever read and they are probably the doorway that led me to love reading, much the same way that the wardrobe was the doorway that led the Pevensie children to the world of Narnia.
I have reread them over and over during the last 25 years, (though now I get through each book a lot quicker than I used to).
I loved the movie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, partly because I have been waiting for someone to make it and do it well. I knew it was just a matter of time.
Now the second movie, Prince Caspian, is coming out. I will be there on opening day, waiting to see all the images that C.S. Lewis wrote about, that have been conjured up in my imagination for years, in live action on the screen.
Here is a link to the film trailer so you can get excited too.

2 comments:

Hollys Hobbies said...

I saw this preview the other day and I thought of you! I remember you reading those books, telling me the stories when we were 8. You will probably see it before me, so enjoy it a ton!

Mike Hugo said...

You should probably thank me for not telling you what was in the books. It peaked your interest and made you read them.

If you don't want to thank me, you can rub it in that I won't get to watch it until September/October.