Sunday, November 2, 2008

Be Grateful, Sunday Post

I had the privilege of subsituting for the Chorister in Primary (the children's church class) today at church.
I had so much fun.
We played Name That Tune with songs they have learned lately.
They got really into it and were actually pretty competitive.
The younger kids actually did better than the big kids and were guessing some of the songs with only 1 note.
One Sunbeam (3 year old) kept yelling out "I Am A Child Of God" on every song except when we did "I Am A Child Of God".
Anyway...
Today's thought comes from The President of the Church, Thomas S. Monson.

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth.

Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.

We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.

If ingratitude be numbered among the most serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."

Here are some things I am greateful for:

-My family, with all of our eccentricity and variety.

-The gospel of Jesus Christ

-The knowledge that God loves me.

-The opportunity I have to work at home with the job that I have.

-The physical health I enjoy so much.

Those are some of the big ones, but each day there are simple things and tender mercies that I am grateful to God for. Like:

-When J gave me a hug this morning.

-The little boy who kept yelling "I am a Child of God" and making me laugh.

-The steak and A-1 I had for dinner.

-That my headache is gone.

I will try to be more grateful for these small and simple things each day.

What are you grateful for?

Tell me here in the comments or list them on your blog.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great post!

I had a great day - much improved from last Sunday.

Today in Sacrament meeting, a whole bunch of Primary kids got up to bear their testimonies. I'm the Primary President, so I know these kids really well, and it was just so awesome to hear them get up and say how they feel about the gospel. They are all just so amazing.

We've been really blessed in our Primary and I'm so grateful. Sometimes I have trouble listing what I'm grateful for because there are so many things. Maybe, after I think about it some more, I'll post a list. But the thing I was most grateful for today was that experience in Testimony meeting.

Chuck and Nancy said...

When my children were young, we prayed that somewhere out there, seven families were raising 7 children that would have testimonies of the gospel, and who would live it. That they would be prepared to marry my seven children. What a tremendous blessing that my seven children are married to strong, good, members of the Church of Jesus Christ. And that they love my children, and are training and teaching their children. My thanks to my Father in Heaven, and to those 14, now grown,children.