Friday, November 21, 2008

Cub Scouts Will Be the Death of Me

Picture the scene at Cub Scouts last night.
The theme is Seed of Kindness, so we are playing Kindness Charades. The scouts take turns acting out different acts of kindness.
(Let me add that while these scouts are great at acting out, they struggled somewhat acting out acts of kindness.)
Scout #1 is frantically attempting to display "Let someone go ahead of you"
Scout #2 calls out: "Having a seizure!"
Me: "Remember that all of these are kind things to do."
Scout #2, yelling now: "Politely tell someone you are having a seizure!"
.
At intervals throughout the 1 hour den meeting the scouts would take random turns calling out: "Silence! I keel you!"
This was especially humorous when I was doing the scout sign to call them back to order and one scout had not yet noticed my two fingers held up in a V.
The others would look at that one, who was inevitably still talking/singing/shouting and yell at him "Silence! I keel you!"
.
It probably didn't help matters that I found these things so funny, because it only encouraged them to continue their energetic, if not well behaved, behaviors.
.
If you don't know what "Silence, I keel you!" comes from, please watch the following video.

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Aren't scouts great :) ♥ Hugs!

Christine said...

LOL! Oh my goodness I'm waiting for the day. I have three little boys. My turn is coming...I have no doubt.

Nonna said...

I SENT my boys to Cub Scouts...guess I'm a big Chicken!

Shauna said...

P.S. I hope you have an awesome weekend! Check out my blog to get your awards with l♥ts of l♥ve from me :) ♥ Hugs! :) Shauna
http://trying2staycalm.blogspot.com/

Stefany said...

I can feel your pain. I had the "wonderful" opportunity to be a scout leader once.

Tracy said...

LOL! Gotta love those scouts! :D

Victoria said...

For me it's five boys down, one to go... just one more pinewood derby, two more years of pack meetings, and hoping that they wouldn't be so cruel as to call me to be a den leader again... have fun! :)

Diane said...

I do scouts too, it's so much fun. I always have a cub scout hang-over when I'm done.