Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nothing to Write Home About

Often, when I am trying to think of something to blog about the lyrics from an old song by Soul Asylum come into my head.
"I've nothing to write home about
Nothing I have figured out
Still I have the same old doubts
Nothing to write home about"
I won't bother with the rest of the song because it's lyrics don't actually represent the way I feel.
It is much about how leaving home hasn't taught me anything and I still don't understand the world. (I think the members of Soul Asylum were often pretty depressed).
I on the other hand am pretty happy with the way my life is.
There is a lot in the big world that I don't understand, but most of the things in my little world make perfect sense to me. And if they don't, I have faith that I will understand them better over time.
Nevertheless, I am at the same place I often find myself, where although my day was very busy and I accomplished a lot as far as spending time with my boys, helping them to be healthy, physically and emotionally, I enjoyed my day and feel fulfilled by what I have done, and I didn't even get a chance to sit down to blog until 10:00 at night; very little of my day was blog worthy, or of interest to anyone but me and my family.
So, I will leave you with this thought:
Dost thou love life?
Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.
-Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

TnT Bingham said...

Della, I always enjoy "stopping by" your Life and Times....I was thinking today at church what a BEAUTIFUL family you have. I love the feeling of "we're in this together" that you and Chris have created with your kids. Thanks for setting such a great example.

Della Hill said...

TnT,
Thank you so much.
I love my family too.
I'm glad it shows.
-Della