Saturday, November 22, 2008

Screaming Slingshot Monkeys! And the Winner is....

Thank you to everyone who entered my give-a-way for screaming slingshot monkeys.
It was fun reading all of your comments about why you needed them.
It was obvious that one or two people really wanted them.
In the end there could only be one winner.
And that winner, chosen from a large pile of little strips of paper by my son CJ, (so blame him if you didn't win),
is...
(drumroll)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
VICTORIA!
(I'm really, really sorry Pike. You definitely had the most entries. If this had been a sympathy or guilt vote you totally would have won).
.
I do feel confident sending the monkeys to Victoria as she had some really great reasons for wanting them, and I know they will be well taken care of in her home.
If you feel bad you didn't win, please read her list of reasons. They were:
.
1. Because I have never won anything and I am seriously beginning to doubt myself.
2. I can't afford braces for my 15-year-old right now, and I'm sure that a screaming monkey would make it all up to him.
3. I asked Santa for one when I was eight years old, and he didn't bring it. I haven't believed in Santa for the last 36 years. But this could change my mind.
4. I am on that diet from "Devil Wear's Prada." You know the one... "Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." I really need something to keep my mind off the deprivation.
5. I have devised a way to bring about World Peace, using nothing but Twinkies, Diet Coke and screaming monkeys.
6. I would provide a safe environment for them. I have actually rescued many screaming slingshot monkeys who were being used in inhumane cosmetics testing.
7. My five-year-old might have ADD or ADHD or something (sometimes he doesn't listen to me), and I have heard that screaming slingshot monkeys are considered an alternative therapy to medication.
8. I have a lot of cobwebs up in the vaulted ceiling areas of my home. I have no way to reach them. It would really help me to have small fuzzy objects that could be launched up there to collect the offending webs.
9. Any monkeys you sent me would be for my personal use and that of my family. I would never even think of listing them on eBay or Craig's List or any other auction website, even if they were fetching a premium with the holidays coming up.
10. Said monkeys would not be exposed to any worldly influences in my home. We would promise to include them in family home evenings, we would never offer them alcohol or cigarettes, and if you insist, I could even install a Filthy Filter on the TV (or I could set up a Favorites List that would only allow them to watch BYU TV or Animal Planet).
.
She even assured me that although she lives in California, the LA Lakers are one of those "worldly influences" that the monkeys would be protected from and that they would be Utah Jazz monkeys.
Victoria has a great blog that is totally worth checking out. You can see it by clicking >>>here<<<.
So Victoria, leave me your e-mail address in a comment. (I will delete the comment as soon as I get it).
Thanks again to everyone.
I am so glad you all enjoy my blog. Keep coming back!

3 comments:

Stefany said...

Victoria-
Congratulations!

Nonna said...

Darn, I missed out on the contest !

Great list of reasons Victoria and Congrats !

Victoria said...

Yay! Thank you, Della! I promise I will treat them just like part of the family!