Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things I learned from my Mom

1. How to sound out words
2. How to follow a recipe
3. How to change a diaper
4. That it's important to go to church
5. How to answer the phone politely
6. That you should have family home evenings often
7. How to clean a toilet
8. How to pray
9. That it's more fun to do a chore without being reminded
10. Books are good
11. Even walking can be great exercise
12. How to can grape juice and jam
13. How to piece a quilt
14. That families are forever
15. Children need to be able to make their own decisions about some things
16. Children need to have responsibilities
17. You should always get a book for Christmas
18. Home canned peaches make a great midnight snack
19. Family vacations are fun even if the kids whine
20. Parents love their kids no matter what
21. Prayer works
22. Good parents never stop praying.
23. You should take you kids to church even if they whine about it.
24. You should nurse your baby as soon as you can after he is born, (even if you are so tired that your mom has to hold the baby there for you)
25. That members of a family should visit as often as they can
26. Mothers should tell other people how proud they are of their children
27. You should follow your dream
28. That you should love and show love for everyone
29. Your house is never so full that you can't fit one more person who needs a place to stay
30. Everyone needs a mother's love
31. That I can do anything if I really try
32. That God loves me
.
I could probably keep going, because there are hundreds of things I could list. I will probably think of many more things just throughout the day today.
But I want to tell my Mother thank you for teaching me these things.
And I hope you have a wonderful, fabulous, amazing birthday.
Happy Birthday, Mom!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

How sweet! Mom's are awesome! Happy Birthday to your mom! Hope you have a day as beautiful as you! ♥ Hugs!

Stefany said...

What a great Mom ! Happy Birthday!

Lillian Wilkinson said...

We have truly been blessed, I am so glad shes OUR MOM!
Lillie

Mike Hugo said...

happy birthday!!!
JoJo
Smiley :D

Caution/Lisa said...

I think I love your mom! What a wise woman she is :)