Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

from Reet Pictures, Images and Photos
Yes, I know I am a day late, but I didn't take time to blog yesterday.
We had a wonderful dinner with all of my favorite Thanksgiving foods.
I tried to invite a few people over for dinner, but in the end, they all had other plans.
J spent the day with his sister, so we actually only had 6 of us here for dinner. Needless to say there are a TON of leftovers.
We had a 22 pound turkey and 6 people to eat it.
The baked macaroni and cheese seemed to be the favorite.
Even though this was comparatively a small dinner with only a few of my loved ones, it was wonderful.
Even though Chris and I spent hours preparing and baking, it would have been worth it if we had only been able to share it with one of our boys.
The memories that we are making are invaluable. The time put in, the care; each moment matters. Every moment makes a difference.
I had a great day with my boys. It was small. But it was us. It was our family, together. That's what matters.
I seem to be thankful for the same thing every year at Thanksgiving.
I am grateful for my family.
Even though my family seems to be different every year.
I love them all.
God must love me a lot to bless me with all of these kids.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
I wish you all joy and love in your families.

1 comment:

Chuck and Nancy said...

God must love these boys, to bless them with you. Love, Mom